- Analyzes & processes expense reports, invoices, vouchers & other related materials, determines accuracy & validity & prepares vouchers, invoices & remittances for receipt & disbursement of funds (e.g., verifies mathematical accuracy, quantity of goods purchased & received, purchase price, applicable discounts & freight charges; reconciles discrepancies; verifies appropriation sources; matches invoices to delivery receipts & purchase orders; places invoices in recaps, determining total amount of recap & voucher numbers; verifies accuracy of money remitted against serial numbers of licenses sold on consignment) &/or prepares agency, institution or district bi-weekly payroll for submission
• Posts, updates & balances ledgers & journals for internal accounts (e.g., posts purchase orders, encumbrance documents, transfers, cancellations & vouchers payable; posts receipt of various types of funds such as general revenue appropriations, rotary funds or grants; balances accounts on daily/weekly/monthly basis; reconciles internal accounts with auditor & state accounting); verifies actual inventory against auditing report & identifies any discrepancies; assists in training of lower-level account clerks.
• Completes forms which report inventory levels (e.g., plant haul, receiving-tickets, transfer tickets & materials used forms; orders office supplies; notifies supervisor of low inventory level), verifies materials/parts against activity report & performs physical inventory; gathers & compiles material for financial reports; prepares bi- weekly, monthly, quarterly &/or annual reports on accounts maintained.
• Performs variety of related clerical tasks (e.g., opens & sorts mail; composes & edits correspondence relative to assigned work; maintains files; operates equipment to generate typed reports & correspondence; answers telephone inquiries; greets customers; responds to or refers complaints; answers general inquiries within established guidelines); operates two-way radio & maintains log of all radio calls; forwards emergency calls from state & local authorities (e.g., accidents, debris, fallen trees, hazardous spills) to appropriate personnel; dispatches crews during emergency situations as directed by supervisor; attends training.
- 2 courses or 6 mos. exp. in high school accounting or in accounting for bookkeepers offered by college;
- 1 course or 3 mos. exp. in operation of adding machine & calculator;
- 12 mos. additional exp. in bookkeeping. - Or 18 mos. exp. as Account Clerk 2, 16512. - Or equivalent of Minimum Class Qualifications for Employment noted above.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed