- Provides secretarial assistance through routine administrative tasks (i.e., independently provides explanation, orally &/or in writing, of services or activities of assigned area, but does not include formulating interpretation of policies & procedures as they would apply in given situation) (e.g., drafts & may sign simple correspondence; researches responses to inquiries; compiles data; prepares reports, gathers statistics & may compile in report form; performs research & writes reports to present straightforward information; sets up office procedures; coordinates daily work flow of office; revises content of manuals & notebooks; requisitions equipment & supplies through either agency purchasing agent or direct contact with established vendors for low cost items that are used repetitively; screens problems & obtains files & records to support same for referral & may resolve only those which do not involve interpretation or judgment of applicability of policies & procedures).
- Provides secretarial assistance in technical environment & transcribes, formats &/or assists in formatting, types & proofs standard &/or technical (i.e., documents requiring use of legal, medical, scientific, statistical or foreign language terminology) correspondence & reports.
- Serves as lead worker over office support staff (e.g., office assistants, clerks, word processing specialists) by coordinating work flow & participating in training & evaluation on daily basis or on shift or at office where no higher level supervisor/manager is located. Produces typed copy, to include formatting or assisting in formatting, from standard or confidential written, dictated or oral instructions & proofreads work.
- Performs other clerical duties (e.g., maintains files; sorts and routes mail; answers phones & screens calls; greets visitors; orders & stocks supplies; maintains calendar; makes copies; prepares materials for mailing; prepares time reports for payroll; schedules meetings).
- Previous secretarial experience
- Knowledge of English grammar & composition; arithmetic that includes addition, subtraction, multiplication & division; records management; business communications; administrative practices & procedures; general office practices & procedures; agency-specific office practices & procedures.
- Previous data entry experience; business office software applications (e.g., Microsoft Office); operation of personal computer & office machines (e.g., transcribing equipment, calculators).
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables within familiar context; apply principles to solve practical, everyday problems; interpret instructions in written or oral form; write routine business letters following standard procedures; complete routine forms or records; make appointments; arrange items in numerical or alphabetical order; move fingers easily to perform manual functions; assess questions & provide appropriate information or referral.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed