- Provide basic/routine information to & resolve basic/routine complaints from internal & external customers in response to inquiries, requests &/or complaints received in writing &/or by telephone, teletype, e-mail, in- person, &/or other means of communication as front/main desk receptionist for assigned agency or sub- division thereof where the office staff spend majority of their time in field/away from their desk (e.g., answers telephone &/or voice mail, takes messages/refers calls; greets, directs &/or registers customers; furnishes printed materials; stocks reception area with informational materials/forms pertinent to assigned office/department; provides general information concerning agency/sub-division operations/services; mails out informational packages);
- Interviews callers to gather pertinent information concerning alleged violations (e.g., fraud, poaching); OR Conducts search of hardcopy &/or computerized records to verify, locate or identify status of requested information (e.g., appeals; case files; amount of imposed fines &/or suspensions; vehicle titles & VIN numbers; information not found in LEADS); OR Responds to requests to schedule/reschedule inspections, rooms, appointments, medical examinations, and/or appeal hearings for customers/staff;
- Provides information &/or processes transactions that do not require in-depth knowledge of applicable federal &/or state laws, rules, policies, procedures &/or legal interpretations to respond to inquiries, requests &/or complaints from internal &/or external customers received in writing &/or by e-mail, telephone, teletype, in- person &/or other means of communication & may involve billing for collection of payment for photocopying records,
- Operates personal computer &/or computer terminal to enter, update, correct, delete or send data, retrieve/look-up data to verify/give out information or give status of file/case, or schedule & re-schedule rooms, appointments, hearings, meetings, medical examinations, or inspections, register customers, log & track calls, &/or other information (e.g., movement of file; status of appeal; outcome of appeal; all materials received relative to appeal) &/or compose &/or generate reports & correspondence.
- Performs any combination of following or like clerical support tasks: opens, timestamps, sorts & distributes mail; meters mail; greets &/or directs visitors; registers persons for training; prepares &/or maintains reports concerning work processed/calls handled; codes, catalogs & files/distributes documents; operates photocopier to obtain copies for dissemination &/or for files; collects money/bills customers for photocopies of information; counts & records cash collected for photocopies & forwards for further processing; receives checks in mail, logs checks received, batches checks, fills out appropriate slip attachment & forwards for further processing; operates cash register/cash counter; operates facsimile equipment to send & receive faxes; checks reception area, meeting or hearing rooms to ensure presentable appearance, displays are stocked &/or proper seating & equipment arrangements have been made as requested; stuffs envelopes for mailing; pages/telephones staff; takes inventory of supplies; stocks photocopier, printers &/or facsimile machine with paper &/or toner & clears paper jams; maintains staff time & attendance; coordinates or arranges for food service &/or equipment for meetings/conferences.
- Previous experience and knowledge in office practices and procedures
- Previous data entry, customer service, and public relations experience
- Knowledge of office practices & procedures; public relations; federal &/or state laws, rules, policies &/or procedures applicable to inquiries, complaints &/or transactions being processed; typing/keyboarding.
- Skill in operation of office equipment (e.g., multi-line or single line telephone, photocopier, facsimile machines, teletype, cash register/cash counter, adding machine); operation of personal computer or computer terminal.
- Ability to apply applicable laws, rules, policies & procedures to respond to inquiries, requests &/or complaints &/or process transactions involving several variables within familiar context; handle routine contacts in writing &/or by telephone, teletype, e-mail, in-person &/or other means of communication with variety of internal & external customers, some of whom may be irate; collate & classify information about data, people or things; prepare &/or maintain accurate records & reports; work alone on most tasks.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed