- Performs routine non-skilled grounds maintenance duties (e.g., mows & edges lawns; applies mulch, weeds & waters lawns & flower beds; trims shrubs; cleans grounds, sidewalks & parking lots by removing papers & debris & operating vacuum sweeper/power washer; uses hand shovel & broom to remove snow & ice; operates power snow shovel when necessary).
- Performs general custodial & maintenance duties (e.g., delivers materials & equipment); does routine maintenance of grounds equipment (e.g., cleans, paints, oils, sharpens); performs routine building maintenance & custodial duties as assigned.
- Fertilizes lawns, trees & shrubs; plants trees, shrubs & other plants; seeds & sods lawns; sprays to control insects & disease as needed; participates in removal of dead animals.
- Knowledge of addition, subtraction, multiplication & division of whole numbers; safety practices associated with use & operation of grounds maintenance equipment. Skill in operation of various types of mowers & related equipment (e.g., snow shovel, vacuum). Ability to carry out simple oral instructions; demonstrate general physical fitness.
- Formal education in arithmetic that includes addition, subtraction, multiplication & division; in Department of Natural Resources only, if assigned to operate vehicles regulated by Section 4506.01 of revised code, must also possess valid commercial driver’s license; in accordance with Section 124.11 of revised code, Director of Administrative Services has determined this to be unskilled labor class & therefore exempt from written examination.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed