- Operates word processing equipment & software to produce &/or merge complex technical material (i.e., documents requiring use of legal, medical, scientific, statistical or foreign language terminology & applications) (e.g., contracts, legal briefs, affidavits, grant proposals, health record reports, tax comparison charts, architectural, computer-related, financial, mechanical, highway engineering reports, administrative consultation or management reports, manuals &/or textbooks requiring knowledge of specific technical terminology &/or applications).
- Interprets materials & transcribes from Dictaphone, optically scanned documents, written copy, rough draft or confidential notes, proofreads documents for correct spelling, punctuation & grammar, revises, modifies & merges corrected information on word processing equipment, backs up data to disc or tape for future retention, ensures directory &/or subdirectory file maintenance & performs mathematical calculations on word processing equipment.
- Performs clerical duties (e.g., acts as receptionist, answers telephone, screens calls or visitors & takes messages, updates & maintains filing system; updates, maintains & files completed work &/or miscellaneous logs; sorts & distributes mail; prepares, stamps &/or sorts outgoing mail; orders & distributes office supplies; schedules appointments; troubleshoots or arranges for repairs & maintenance of office equipment; prepares & duplicates diskettes &/or magnetic card record keeping system; proofreads final material for accuracy & completeness; sorts &/or batches incoming work; operates photocopier & calculator &/or adding machine; saves or retrieves information; operates typewriter to produce basic routine material (e.g., correspondence, labels, lists, simple reports); searches files for inquiries or missing data for reports), ensures proper maintenance of word processing equipment.
- 9 mos. trg. or 9 mos. exp. in using word processing equipment & related software
- 3 mos. trg. or 3 mos. exp. in transcription
- 9 mos. trg. or 9 mos. exp. in office practices & procedures
- 1 course or 3 mos. exp. in the appropriate technical terminology; formal education in arithmetic that includes fractions & percentages & in alphabetizing, English grammar, punctuation & editing of common English vocabulary
- Knowledge of word processing techniques & procedures; office practices & procedures; fractions & percentages; technical terminology in the appropriate area.
- Skill in operating word processing equipment; operating typewriter keyboard; operating dictaphone/transcriber.
- Ability to interpret variety of instructions in written, oral, picture or schedule form; copy material accurately & recognize grammatical & spelling errors; sort items into categories according to established methods; handle routine telephone &/or face to face contacts.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed