- 30% Responsible for the evaluation and approval of applications for certification and/or licensure of community mental health centers, private inpatient facilities, residential facilities and addiction treatment providers.
- 30% Responsible for maintaining on-going interactions with agencies that have been certified or licensed by DMHA; for investigating complaints received by DMHA that pertain the certification or licensure status of an agency
- 20% Investigating complaints received by DMHA that pertain the certification or licensure status of an agency
- 10% Conducting on-site visits with agencies that are requesting certification or licensure
- 10% Collaborates with the Deputy Director of Provider Quality and Performance.
- Evaluate certification and licensure applications for completeness and accuracy.
- Update, as appropriate, information in the Certs database.
- Clarify certification standards for applicants, Agency staff and staff of other agencies and other concerned individuals.
- Review and provide input regarding policies and administrative code affecting requirements of certified agencies and/or the certification process.
- Assist in decision making regarding agencies which have not met certain certification or contract requirements.
- Track plans of corrections for agencies which have conditional status (due to deficiencies in delivery of services, contract requirements).
- Conduct on-site surveys of certified agencies (or applicants) to assess compliance with certification requirements as needed.
- Serve as a liaison between Agency, other state and federal agencies, accreditation organizations and the public regarding the certification process.
- Participate in quality reviews, including development of protocols for review and on-site provider visits.
- Works with other offices for inclusion of program or audit perspectives in quality reviews.
- Assist with special projects as requested.
The work is broad in scope involving complex program elements which require critical and administrative analytical abilities. Work assignments involve the development of new programs and procedures. Guidelines are established, but require broad interpretation and judgment in application and implementation.
All other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree with experience in social service field.
- Broad knowledge of programs and treatment of persons with mental illness and/or addictions.
- Extensive knowledge of Indiana laws and rules regarding operation and certification or licensure of agencies for which the Agency is tasked with certification or licensure.
- Broad knowledge of accreditation standards and federal laws with which certified agencies must comply.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, interpret and correlate complex material.
- Ability to develop and implement new principles and policies and discern any far reaching implications.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Skill in using word processing and other computer programs to communicate application requirements or corrections for application deficiencies and as needed.
- Ability to take varied information and reach a discretionary decision for issues where rules or regulation are not clear.
- Skill in organizing workload to accomplish all duties and responsibilities within established timeframes
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed